Preparing Your Home to Sell
What are the top Five things you can do to prep your house for sale?
The Wille Group takes time before listing a home, walking through a seller’s home and suggesting ways to maximize your profits through staging and preparation. We sometimes hire a stager or coordinate repairs for sellers. These are a few ways you can begin to prepare to sell your home with us:
1. Make Repairs: Take care of items before they are brought up in an inspection later – broken windows or a bad roof. Minor repairs are good to take care of too, and fresh paint and a tube of caulk can go a long way in making a home feel like it’s in good condition.
2. Remove Clutter and De-Personalize: You’re ready to move on, so it’s important to have buyers envision the house as their own. Pack unused furniture and knick knacks and store.
3. Make a Good First Impression: Curb appeal is important. Keep your yard manicured, free from weeds and clutter. Plant flowers, if in season – and make the front entrance appealing.
4. Keep it Clean: Maintaining a clean home, as well as eliminating bad odors – present your home in it’s best light. Pet, smoke, food and other odors should be kept to a minimum or eliminated (don’t try to mask with perfumed air-fresheners, buyers will wonder what you’re hiding).
5. Hire the Right Team: All Realtors are not created equal. Is your cousin, your neighbor, or your friend truly the best person for the job? Be sure – your results can vary by tens of thousands of dollars. Hire someone with a proven track record, someone who has experience in your price range.
Remember this: You get what you pay for. A discount broker can’t afford to spend the time or money required to properly advertise and promote your home -– your results will justify the decision.
Most of our Clients will confirm that The Wille Group achieved a level of success that exceeded their expectations. We’ve sold over 425 homes in just 10 years, most were referrals from satisfied past clients.
My greatest satisfaction came not from the fact that the Wille Group was able to sell my home for a price greater than my asking, but from the fact that Michael Wille confirmed, through his personal demeanor over the entire time of our relationship, my initial assessment of him as a man of integrity, honesty and high professional standards. I trust him. And in today’s world that says it all.”
We were very impressed, and more importantly, well served by the Wille Group. They knew the market, gave us sound advice, managed all of the details perfectly, and got our house SOLD in this tough market. Plus they were just good to deal with. We plan to recommend them to all of our friends.”
My experience working with Michael is like taking an anti-depressant, only cheaper and without the side-effects!”
Michael is going to be Canonized whether or not he is Catholic…..I am writing to the Pope! He is over-the-top-fabulous. I’m telling everyone that he is the world’s greatest ever realtor!
We had a very specific idea of what we wanted in a home, but were overwhelmed and uneducated about the process. After being introduced to Josh Zuehlke we were soon at ease. We realized that finding the place that we dreamed of was not only possible, but that the search was going to be enjoyable as well. Our circumstances in buying were uncertain and difficult. Josh was very personable and up-front, always suggesting possibilities and carrying through in the very best of our interest. With the help and hard work of Josh, we own a wonderful home. We will always put our trust in Josh Zuehlke and the rest of the Wille Group at Coldwell Banker Burnet with our real estate needs.
Due to relocation, we had a very short time line to find a home. The Wille Group went beyond our expectation by locating a person who speaks our language, as we are not native to the USA. The Wille Group supported us not only in purchasing a home; but also in renovating it. The Wille Group has credibility, extensive experience, and a faithful staff which allowed us to feel confidence during our real state transaction. Thank you for providing us with a good beginning in Minneapolis!”
Josh possesses all the attributes of an excellent real estate agent. He knows his market extremely well – knows what’s for sale, knows the comps and is very good at assessing value. Josh has a large network of clients, investors and real estate professionals. This network allowed him to almost sell my place before I even signed the paper work to hire Josh. Josh and his staff are professional, personable, proactive and very responsive. He takes pride in a job well done!”
I cannot tell you enough about how much help the Wille Group has been with our move. The big truck is packed now and Mike & the kids should have real beds (in a clean house, thanks to you!) by Sunday night. You’ve made all of this possible in a much quicker fashion than I thought possible. Thank you so much!”